Friday, February 13, 2015

Weekend Trips

Oh how easily I give up on my New Years Resolutions. Maybe lack of commitment is why I'm not killing it at life like I've always imagined myself to be at this age. I wish they had Futura font here so I can very unsubtly give a shout out to Vampire Weekend.

Some of my friends have pointed out how unusual my love for long-distance driving is, which I don't really find that odd. Being in places where I haven't been before has always fascinated me, but I was never sure why. Maybe I just have the soul for travel, maybe it's deep-seated discontent of how my life is turning out at the moment with my lack of future direction or whatever, but that's an introspective thought for a different time (or hopefully soon. This isn't really a very healthy way to think. If you somehow know how to get a handle on this, let me know soon. Gas prices are rising again).

Anyway, I was off in the woods hiking in the Appalachian Trail at 9pm. Not a smart thing to do I know, but soul-searching has no curfews. I was considering either heading home and cutting the trip short, or looking for an open hostel who would like to receive my cash when the music switched to Act Of The Apostle by Belle and Sebastian, sang by Emily Browning in God Help the Girl.


I went home that night, arriving at one in a morning, didn't sleep until four so I can plan my next escape. Really wish I knew more people who enjoy what I do. Long distance road trips are fun, but I'd like them to be a little less lonely, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment